A humidifier is a good addition to any home especially if you live where the air is dry and low humidity. Dry air also depends on the weather like when it is summer time and can be can pose a serious threat to a person’s health. A very low humidity can cause a person to experience itchy skin, cracked lips, bloody nose, irritated throat, asthma and allergic symptoms. Too much dryness in the air can also lead to destruction of property like wood, paper and even paint. These damages can be unattractive and expensive to repair. So to prevent property damage and make your home livable, then a whole house humidifier is what you need.
What are humidifiers
Humidifiers are devices that create an invisible mist into the air. It increases the humidity level of an indoor area to counteract the dryness cause by excessive heat during hot weather. These devices are so advanced that it can detect the level of humidity in your home and can function automatically to prevent dryness in the air.
Features to look for
- First, you should know how large the area you should be using a humidifier because you would not want it to be inefficient. There are specific models of humidifiers that can accommodate a large space so you just need to look into its specifications. Considering a whole house humidifier can add up to some installation costs since there will be additional piping needed to cover the entire house.
- Another thing is its power efficiency. With today’s technology, most electronic devices like a humidifier don’t consume that much power but you will notice a difference in your electric bill if it will be operating around the clock. Also, a whole house humidifier will consume more power than a portable one since it needs to regulate the humidity of the entire house.
- Finally you need to look for a quality brand. This is very important because you don’t want to end up wasting your time and money on a cheap one that does not perform very well. One advice is to do some research online and read on reviews what other people have experience when they used that particular product, Or you can also ask other people who have a whole house humidifier in their home.
The product warranty must also be on the list. The longer the warranty period, the better it will be to save you from problems in the future. Now, if you’re planning to buy a whole house humidifier, here is some of the best available today.
- 1 Best Whole House Humidifiers
- 1.0.1 10. Ivation IVADM45 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier w/Auto Humidistat
- 1.0.2 9. Aprilaire 600M Whole-House Humidifier with Manual Control
- 1.0.3 8. Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 1.0.4 7. Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier
- 1.0.5 6. Aprilaire 1850F Dehumidifier
- 1.0.6 5. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
- 1.0.7 4. Taotronics Advanced Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 1.0.8 3. Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
- 1.0.9 2. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
- 1.0.10 1. Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier
Best Whole House Humidifiers
10. Ivation IVADM45 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier w/Auto Humidistat
The Ivation IVADM45 is a reliable and powerful whole house humidifier for your needs. It can accommodate an entire house for up to 2,200 cubic feet. This mid-size dehumidifier is the perfect tool to extract moisture and dust particles from stagnant areas and mildew and mold-stricken rooms. It has an auto humidistat that can control the right humidity, making it more power efficient while still delivering an outstanding performance without having to make adjustments most of the time. By far, it is a nice product. It may look simple but it gets the job done.
9. Aprilaire 600M Whole-House Humidifier with Manual Control
The Aprilaire 600M is a powerful whole house humidifier that is capable of controlling the humidity of your home at up to 4,000 square feet. This humidifier has a built-in, easy to use bypass damper that you can access, so you can easily control it whether in summer or winter season. It has an automatic digital control that uses a water panel evaporator to deliver 3 gallons an hour, a 50 percent more moisture compared to other units in its class. Overall, it’s a great product that is easy to use and install in your home.
8. Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier
The Friedrich D70BP is a 70 pint humidifier that is ideal for storage areas, basements, and equipment rooms. This Energy Star qualified unit can provide continuous-drainage operation and can be set to precise humidity levels from 30 to 90 percent. Its built-in drain can pump condensation vertically or horizontally up to a combined distance of 15 feet. It is also equipped with easy-roll casters that will allow you to move the unit from room to room with ease. This high performance humidifier is perfect for any large area and you don’t need to spend more on additional installations.
7. Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier
This is another Aprilaire humidifier that can deliver an outstanding perforce for the price. It has many additional features like the automatic digital control, outdoor sensor, water pad, 110V to 24V transformer, and built-in bypass damper. This unit can cover up to 3000 square feet and has a water feed rate of 3.0 GPH and will deliver an evaporative rate of .5 gallons per hour. Within 24 hours of use, you will notice a big difference in the comfort of your home. It’s simple and innovative design will definitely blend in your home.
6. Aprilaire 1850F Dehumidifier
Aprilaire has been making good quality humidifiers and this 1860F is no exception. This is a high capacity humidifier capable of covering an area of 5,000 square feet at 90 pints per day humidification. It is a free-standing unit that you can move around in any room you want. This Aprilaire 1850F dehumidifier uses an evaporator coil to drop the air temperature and dew levels of the air.. It also features an auto-defrost control that turns off the compression in extremely cold weather. Overall, it’s a well-built humidifier for your home.
5. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
The AIRCARE MA1201 whole house humidifier is sure to complement any décor in your home. It has an easy single bottle design and roll casters for portability. This humidifier can accommodate a large home of up to 3,600 square feet and has a runtime of up to 36 hours. It also features a digital display, 4 fans setting with auto mode, customizable humidity settings and a refill and check indicator. The unit is also very power efficient so you would not worry too much on additional expenses on your electric bill. This is a great humidifier you can easily move around.
4. Taotronics Advanced Ultrasonic Humidifier
This TaoTronics TT-AH001 Home Humidifier is an ultrasonic humidifier that emits water vapor to moisten dry air. With this unit, you can adjust the mist modes and use the 360 degree nozzle to adjust the mist angle to any direction you want. It also has a sleep timer and an LED display that provides information including the humidity level and other modes you are using. A 4-liter full-tank of water can work continuously for up to 15 hours, so don’t need to fill it up for a long time, Overall, it’s a nice and compact humidifier for your home.
3. Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
The Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near any drain. It features fully-functional electronic controls, easy accessible collection container with level indicator, washable filter, and a full tank alert system with auto shut-off. Its effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room. It also has integrated side handles and caster wheels that make it easy to move your unit anywhere in your home. This is one of the simple-looking humidifier that performs exceptionally well.
2. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
The Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Humidifier was designed for multi-room use, providing maximum comfort in large spaces. It features an adjustable humidity control and multiple output settings and can continuously operate up to 24 hours on a single fill. This humidifier uses a natural wicking process to return moisture into a dry room air. Its compact design and roll casters provides easy handling when moving it in other rooms. So if you are looking for great humidifier without spending too much, then this is the one you should not miss.
1. Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier
The Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier is here to protect your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It features a front pull-out 13.1-pint tank with handle, splash guard, full tank alert and auto shut-off function. This unit can continuously operate as long as there is a suitable drain. it also has a Ready-Select electronic controls with digital humidity readout, 24-hour on/off timer and a control lock. Equipped with roll casters, this unit can easily be moved in any room. This is a great product for the price.
Also Read: Danby Dehumidifier Reviews