When you are into home DIY projects, then, a table saw is the number one tool you need. Table saws are typically used to cut sheets of plywood, make crosscuts, do miter and bevel cutting, and a host of other jobs. Its efficient, easy to use and can cut any design you like.
Here are three basic table saw categories suitable for home and small workshops:
- The bench top table saw: The lightest and most probably used by contractors when they need to bring it to a job site. Bench top table saws usually weigh less than 65 pounds which one person can easily handle. It uses a universal brush motor with direct drive but it’s a bit noisier compared to a more heavy duty ones. Since it is compact, the table is a bit small and sometimes might be a bit difficult to handle large sizes of wood. If you are not cutting 3 inches or more, then a bench top table saw is all you need.
- Contractor saw: They are a lot heavier than a bench top and heavy duty. It also has a larger table and uses an induction motor that is brushless. Contractor saw motors produce 1-2 horsepower and weighs around 220 pounds with several types of extensions that are either made from cast iron or pressed sheet metal. Since the motor is brushless, contractor saws are more quieter compared to bench top saws.
- Cabinet saws: These are referred to as cabinets because its motor is enclosed within a cabinet-like compartment. There are more heavily built and can last longer. Typically used at professional workshops, they are more durable. However, the size of its table is similar with those of contractor saws.
- 1 Best Table Saws
- 1.0.1 10. Jet 708493K JPS-10TS, 10-inch Proshop Tablesaw
- 1.0.2 9. SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw with Mobile Cart
- 1.0.3 8. Bosch GTS1041A-09 REAXX Flesh-Detecting Jobsite Table Saw
- 1.0.4 7. Grizzly G1023RLWX Cabinet Left-Tilting Table Saw
- 1.0.5 6. Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 1-3/4 HP Contractor Saw
- 1.0.6 5. Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife
- 1.0.7 4. Powermatic PM1000 1791000K Table Saw
- 1.0.8 3. Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
- 1.0.9 2. DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
- 1.0.10 1. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
Best Table Saws
If you want a table saw with a compact design of a contractor-style, then the Jet 708493K JPS-10TS, 10-inch Proshop Tablesaw is here. It features a heavy-duty cast iron table with T-style miter gauge slot. An enclosed cabinet with exclusive leg stand design for easy assembly. A blade guard and riving knife have quick release for tool-less mounting and removal. Also, an integrated arbor lock is accessed from table top for rapid blade change. Overall, this is a high-performance table saw that is also sturdy and easy to make adjustments to.
The SawStop JSS-MCA Jobsite Saw is one of the best table saws because of its mobility. It features a Solid T-Style Fence with ErgoLock that slides easily and locks firm with the push of the innovative ErgoLock with a 25.5-inch rip capacity. It also has a one-turn elevation which you can raise and lower the blade in just one turn on the hand wheel. If you want a table saw that is very easy to set up and work with, then you might want to check this one out.
When it comes to safety, the Bosch GTS1041A-09 REAXX is probably the best contractor saw you can get. It features an Active Response Technology that mitigates injury to user in case of blade contact, dropping the blade under the table with no blade damage. There is an easy system reset that takes less than 60 seconds after blade drop, with no damage to the blade. Its portability works seamlessly with the included Gravity-Rise wheeled stand for easy jobsite mobility. Overall, it’s a quality table saw for the price.
The Grizzly G1023RLWX Cabinet Left-Tilting Table Saw is made for heavy-duty use. It features precision-ground and heat treated cast iron tables, cast iron trunnion and arbor assembly, top quality cast iron hand wheels and locks. The motor is a 5 horsepower, 240-volt, single-phase. It’s riving knife moves up, down and tilts with blade adjustments ensuring safe operation and preventing kickback. The router table includes support legs and universal T-track router clamping system. The build quality is great and will definitely last for many years.
The Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 1-3/4 HP Contractor Saw is all you need if you are moving to any job site. It features a 36-inch Professional T-Glide Fence System provides smooth operation, precision measurement and sure lockdown without deflection. There are mobility options like job site cart and a mobile base. This table saw has unmatched fit and finish with a keen attention to detail.
Every part of this Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw delivers quality and performance. It features heavy-duty cast iron trunnions, precision-ground cast iron table with miter gauge T-slots, heavy-duty cabinet and powder coated paint. It includes a quick release riving knife, quick release blade guard and push stick. The easy- glide fence system features knurled knobs for adjusting fence with nylon runners. Nylon runners inside fence head assembly. Overall, this is one heavy-duty table saw that is also easy to use and set up.
With the Powermatic PM1000 Cabinet Table Saw, You can bring some of the Gold standard home to your workshop. The PM1000 is the first Powermatic cabinet table saw that is wired for 115V usage. It features a blade surround and collection hose provide an unobstructed path, maximizing dust collection and tool-less guard assembly with independent side leaves is easy to use, maximizing safety. Its sturdy miter gauge pivots 60 degrees to either side, allowing easy adjustment for a full range of cuts. For the price, you can’t go wrong with this table saw.
The new features and enhancements of the Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw delivers a precise, durable and high-performance. It features the industry’s first-ever modular smart guard system like high precision cutting 10-inch table saw with 3,650 rpm and cutting table handles stock up to 25 inches wide. Its portable construction feature makes it perfect for any work site and other improvements include a single-point bevel movement for consistent accuracy. t-slot miter system, and enhanced dust collection. Overall, this is a quality table saw that is reasonably priced.
With rack and pinion telescoping fence, the DEWALT DWE7480 allows user to make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate. It also features a Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application. Built-in is a 15-amp 4800 rpm motor that quickly rips through hardwoods with ease. Also includes a heavy-duty table saw stand that folds flat for easy storage. This table saw can accommodate 24 inches of rip capacity that easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials. A perfect table saw for your wood craft.
The DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact is the best compact table saw you can always bring with you in any job site. It features a steel roll cage protects saw against jobsite drops and impacts, Rack and pinion fence system, front and rear fence lock and large, clear scales combine to give an extremely accurate and easy to use saw. It also has a powerful 1850-watt motor for high performance in all applications. The cast table top design ensures accuracy and precision with overload protection system that ensures powerful performance in hard, wet or frozen woods. Overall, this is a great table for your wood crafting needs.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Canister Vacuums